Thursday, March 29, 2012

SPDFGH/LUSTRE 4/NEW BUFFALO

In 1995 I joined Noise Addict. We played shows with SPDFGH and Lustre 4 lots. It was like I had 6 mothers!
Those two bands were so great, and still are. It was such a great time, musically, in Sydney. You could also go to all ages shows at the Metro in the city. I saw Dinosaur Jr play there in '95. The Meanies and Nunchucka Superfly played regularly too, and Frenzal Rhomb.
Anyways, I couldn't find any Lustre 4 clips on youtube. I have Double Happiness on CD. Spdfgh released a couple of albums and they released a 7 inch in this really cool, thick cardboard packaging and I used to keep my weed and my pipe in there when I was 16.
Oh, you can get all the SPDFGH releases on itunes!
Sally Seltmann was in Lustre 4 with Lara Meyerratken (El May). Sally went on to do New Buffalo. Here is my favourit song from that project of hers as well as a SPDFGH clip. SPDFGH featured sisters Kim and Tania Bowers.
Oh, the memories. So sweet. Like cupcakes falling from the sky.



No comments:

Post a Comment